The WA polo family greatly values the contribution of it’s members, both past and present. Not only have they provided the sport with tests of splendid horsemanship but they have also left an equine knowledge legacy that is passed down to new generations of polo riders. Enjoy reading about the feats of our life members and take the chance to chat with them at one of our tournaments.
• Welcome Rob Ballard
We would like to welcome Rob Ballard to Western Australia having travelled across the Nullabour with a team of horses. Rob is the 99th capped Australian representative, he has represented and captained Australia on 7 occasions at home and abroad, playing in the likes of America, Dubai and Thailand. It is wonderful to have such an outstanding player join our season.
• State Junior Team
Nominations have been called for junior players interested in selection for a state junior team which will participate in the NSW Junior Polo Championships on the 19th April 2022.
• Olivia Bolingbroke – Youth Olympics Buenos Aires November 4, 2018 Our very own, born and bred junior Olivia Bolingbroke was chosen by the APF to represent Australia in the 2018 Youth Olympics held in Buenos Aires, Argentina on the infamous Palermo No.1. Olivia along with two other Australian Juniors Anna Dowling and Macca Adamson got to play against other youths from all over the world! […]
• Two of our WA boys selected for Australian Team – Zambia 18 Goal June 20, 2018 The APF are delighted to confirm the Australia 18g team selected for the Zambia International Series 13-15 July 2018 is: Hugo Fischer 4g – WA Matt Welsh 4g – WA
Will Gilmore 4g Ruki Baillieu 6g © Reserve & Manager: Nick Bowen WAPA would like to congratulate our very on WA players on their success […]
• Perth International Challenge 2018 March 8, 2018 The weekend of the 3/4th March sawPerth Polo Club host its third South East Asian (SEA)International Challenge. Following an afternoon at Duncraig Stud trialling horses kindly lent from the WAPolo community, the SEA Allstar team memberswerewelcomed to Perthwith abeautiful dinner, hosted by the Perth Polo Club at the […]
• WAPA Carpenter Cup Results March 8, 2018 With the Carpenter Cup not being played for a couple of seasons the decision was made to play it earlier in the season. 11 Teams entered the competition which was held at Kings Meadow and Duncraig Stud on 24th & 25th February 2018. A 6 Goal–Consisted of Perth, Beeac and Sandalford B 1 […]
• Serpentine Ladies Results and 3 Aside MensJanuary 30, 2018 The Serpentine LadiesPolo tournament was played at the weekend with four teams competing in a hard fought contest. On Saturday Minninooka (Libby Lester, Julie Bolingbroke, BillieMascart and Julie Nasir)were too strong for Alka Polo (Jemma Lawrence, Marijke Thomas–filling in for Many Marriott, Katie Grimmond, Charlotte Fisher). In thesecond game[…]
• Women’s Polo January 5, 2018 Whilst Polo as a sport has primarily been dominated by men, in recent years Women participation has grown tremendously.The AustralianPolo circuit has a vast amount of female players who are passionate about the sportand their horses.Most would agree, it is an addictive adrenaline and once you start there is no looking […]
• Women’s Polo Sub Committee January 4, 2018 The WA’s Women’s Polo Sub Committee has been established to promote greater participation within the sport through attracting new players and developing skills of existing players. The 2018 Committee: Julie Bolingbroke Hannah Gebbie Joolz NasirImagele Fischer Libby Lester Zoe Ednie-BrownJemma Lawrence As a committee we welcome any ideasand support for ourWA […]
• Pre-Season Party – Friday 15th December 2017 December 3, 2017 Pre season invite
• Learn to play polo! October 22, 2017 Looking to try something new or maybe a special gift? Why not give polo a go! Let Brett and Chrissy look after you at theirclub in theheart of Serpentine.
• WA Boys make the cut!October 22, 2017 Well done to James Lester and Jack Kiely who were selected for the XIFIP World Polo Championship 2017.First gamewas against Spain and Australia came out on top in extra time!